OnlyWire

Saturday, March 21, 2020

The Awakening, in The Dawn of COVID-19

The Awakening, in The Dawn of COVID-19

This is an old blog I had that needs to be resurrected.  Resurrected to try and help people realize the severity of the situation the United States is in amidst the #COVID19virus.

First and foremost, I'd like to recognize this Champion, that tried to warn us what was coming, but the Chinese government/police shut him up.

Dr. Li

How sad that he died from the virus, merely trying to warn the world.


 

In my 65 years, I never imagined I would see what we are facing and doing today in America.

I think the eye-opener for me was going to Sam's about two weeks ago and seeing the toilet paper aisle. I was so taken back, I couldn't believe my eyes. There was nothing there. I was shocked. There was absolutely no toilet paper in a place where toilet paper and paper towels are King.

IMG_6026.jpg
Let this picture sink in.
Upon getting home, we then started our self-isolation.  It was a real eye-opener.  Wide eye-opener!

Upon getting home, I wrote this."Here at home, we are taking precautions. My daughter has OCD and anxiety over germs, so we are taking extra precautions. But people, I've never seen anything like what Sam's felt like today. I spent a good amount of time watching people, looking in their eyes, their expressions, their body-language.... being an empath it was evident to me... people are scared. I think that last night's address from Trump caused that fear. How do you go from "it's just like the flu and it will go away" to a stone-faced discussion about how it's now a pandemic. Sam's visit today was even a bigger awakening for me. Wide-awake awakening. I've never seen anything like it and I was extremely "taken back" at the severity of the situation. It made me think of what it must have been like during the depression, although that wasn't a disease. I thought about a friend of mine that cannot go see her mother in the nursing home anymore. I thought about friends and people I know that have health conditions and their immune system can't tolerate any type of exposure. I thought about people who have elderly family members in their home that don't want to bring it home to them. I'm shaking my head. I can't believe this, is it real? Yes, it is folks... very real. If you don't believe me, take the time to look around. This is a different world than we've ever faced before. I'll never make fun of the people who are worrying about being able to wipe their butts in the future. I have never considered myself an alarmist. I consider myself pretty level headed under pretty much any circumstance. But THIS... THIS is something we've never experienced. If you think it's a joke or over-sensationalized... I have to disagree. Get your head out of the sand and prepare for the next 4-6 weeks of wiping your asses and hopefully living through this. Peace out, mic drop, whatever..... blessings to each of you as we tread through this together, because it's going to take EACH ONE OF US to be vigilant."

That was March 12th, the year of the pandemic 2020.

#pandemic #covid-19 #covid19 #lifeinamericainapandemic #SaturdayThoughts #StayHome24in48 #QuaratineLife #mentalhealthinamerica #mentalhealth #staypositive 


No comments:

Post a Comment